We’re always looking for great people who have a passion for people and meeting the needs of their community. And we often have openings at many of the public facilities and venues that we develop, maintain and manage for our clients.
As we grow our great team of Public Space professionals, we welcome inquiries and resume submissions from qualified professionals. Candidates interested in a position opening should contact us to learn more.
Mission Bay Parks Property Manager
MJMMG (MJM Management Group) is looking for a Manager for the Mission Bay Park System. We seek a candidate who has experience managing public space while working with public sector agencies, local communities and public space personnel.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, both for the staff of the project, and with the various community constituencies: public sector agencies, residents and business concerns in the neighborhood. The successful candidate should have a successful track record in developing and working with public policy issues, and in oversight of open space in response to community and government needs.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of the CMCBD. He or she will collaborate with the Board, the Central Market community (property owners, merchants, residents and others), government entities, and community-based organizations to lead the organization, and execute the strategies defined in the CMCBD Management Plan that was recently adopted by vote of the property owners.
The Executive Director will serve as the primary point of contact for the CMCBD. This includes answering inquiries, maintaining communication with the City departments, representing CMCBD at community events, and generating positive media coverage of the CMCBD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the coordination of all of the services for park maintenance and system improvement of the subcontractors, including landscaping, janitorial, and security services
- Certify that all the park improvements have been built in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Negotiate, secure, and manage all subcontracts necessary for the provision of services in accordance with the Agency’s Purchasing Policy
- Maintain a scheduling program consolidating information about all events and activities in or affecting Mission Bay
- Develop monthly reports
- Develop yearly work plan
- Implement City Agency rules
- Ensure commission of new park parcels
- Conduct regular inspections of park properties and responds to conditions appropriately
- Supervise site engineer and property assistant and field operations
- Ensure that appropriate training is given to all Mission Bay Open Space System workers
- Monitor hiring, promotions, progressive discipline and terminations for all property management staff in coordination with Human Resources
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the property and maintains all necessary financial records and files in good order.
- Prepare and implement an annual Mission Bay Budget
- Develop and monitor yearly Operations and Capital budgets
- Monitor and approve accounts payable for project
- Monitor land use and occupancy changes that affect assessments and promptly report change
- Act as public liaison and liaison with the Agency for the park system
- Monitor and resolve conflicts with members of the public and day-to-day issues as they arise
- Assure compliance with all local, state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the work, including those pertaining to work place safety and toxic chemicals.
- Coordinate and facilitate community meetings around park usage and encourage dialog
- Participate in other community meetings relative to the parks and Mission Bay development
- Maintain good working relations with adjacent users near Mission Creek and in the surrounding Mission Bay neighborhood
- Update and implement the Mission Bay Open Space System Event Guidelines for commercial and non-commercial events
- Develop and implement a Mission Bay Open Space System Event Programming Plan
- Develop a monthly calendar that will be used to develop a communication system with neighboring residential developments
- Develop and coordinate quarterly Mission Bay Parks Coordination meetings for the purpose of introducing and reviewing potential events and other park related issues.
- Coordination of special events
- Generate revenue through issuance of permits within park guidelines
- Develop and produce public events appropriate for the community to maximize public enjoyment of the space
The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the issues involved in providing services that improve the urban experience in an economically diverse neighborhood. In addition, the successful candidate will bring the skills and experience needed to handle this general management role.
- Leadership Experience
- Demonstrated ability to Foster Teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to Problem Solve
- Commitment to Quality Work Product
- Background in Customer and Personal service
- Management and Administration Experience
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting
- Experience with oversight of Personnel & Human Resources
- Previous experience managing public spaces
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Experience in events production and/or activity planning
- Knowledge of horticulture
- Knowledge of Mission Bay Park area is a plus
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply for Position
Email all resumes to Human Resources Department at MJMMG, firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage qualified candidates to apply.
About Mission Bay Parks
Mission Bay Parks System is a large, developing park system in one of San Francisco’s newest neighborhoods, with oversight from the City’s Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure. The district has large biotech companies, many new residential tenants, and adjacent to large public sports venue. It also contains access to the waterfront, including a long-term houseboat community.
The project is currently comprised of 13 acres of open space adjacent to these residential and commercial parcels. All park improvements are maintained in accordance with the park plans, as-built plans, project manual specifications, and manufacturer specifications. Upon completion, the project will consist of 41 acres.
About MJMMG (MJM Management Group)
MJMMG(MJM Management Group)is a multi-faceted management company specializing in the management and operation of public places and facilities. With corporate and field offices in San Francisco, MJM provides a range of services to public agencies, special assessment districts, as well as developers and property owners with interests in the management and operation of public spaces.
Founded in 1991, MJMMG has been an effective and longstanding member of the San Francisco community for more than two decades. Current contracts include management and operation of Yerba Buena Gardens and the Mission Bay Parks for the City of San Francisco; property and event management of Union Square Park for the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department through the Uptown Parking Corporation; as well as provision of cleaning and safety services to special assessment districts including the Union Square Business Improvement District, the Yerba Buena Community Benefit District, as well as the Central Market and Civic Center CBDs.
MJMMG has earned a reputation over nearly two decades for responsible management practices, creative and innovative solutions to operating challenges in complex urban settings, as well as committed community involvement. Prominent among these is a comprehensive sustainability program that ensures the highest levels of recycling, reuse, composting, and landscape management through non-toxic integrated pest management. Thus, the firm specializes in the management of properties that are not only clean and safe urban oases, but are friendly, inviting, active, and sustainable.